Sunday, January 30, 2011

Miss Havisham



Estella was always my favourite character in Charles Dickens' novel Great Expectations. At the time, I thought she had great sass and hoped she would end up falling for Pip. Alas, she never did.

This is how I imagine Miss Havisham to look. I can't find the true image source of the doll. Apologies! If anyone can help me, I'd love to search their other creations.

These days, Miss Havisham is the character that remains in my mind with such wonderful power. I often think how wonderful it would be to have a Miss Havisham themed party.

Just imagine it; the table set for dinner with the decaying wedding cake all covered with 'dust' and spiderwebs. Huge candelabras, glints of silver and crystal. Dressing up in an old-fashioned wedding dress and everything falling to pieces around you... It'd be magnificent!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...