Monday, May 2, 2011

The Borgias

Has anyone else been watching The Borgias?


People have been dancing about suggesting that The Borgias are the new Tudors. As you may well know, I'm a major Tudors lover. Having watched about four or five episodes of the Borgias, it's lacking the Tudors love and intrigue. That's not to say I'm not enjoying it. It just lacks the beautiful dresses, romance and royalty of the Tudors.



I do like the overload of betrayal about the place in the Borgias, but I want a love story or two or more as well. Which is why I loved this little story (above) between Lucrezia (Holliday Grainger) and Prince Djem (Elyes Gabel).



My favourite character is definitely the assassin though, Micheletto (Sean Harris, above). He sparks the most intrigue for me.


Above: Two other characters I am fascinated by are love are Cesare (Francois Arnaund) and Giulia Farnese (Lotte Verbeek).


I don't know much around the history of the Borgias and, unlike the Tudors, I feel uninspired to search out the truth. I'm waiting for it to blow me away with awesomenesss. Fingers crossed!




What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...