Saturday, November 7, 2009

Markets and pubs, a perfect mix!

I have had such a lovely day today. One that has just been overflowing with happiness, love, pink thing (and no, not the rude kind!) and delight.

Today the traditional three generation group (Gran, my aunt, mum and I) headed off to the market. A different one this time, and one I haven't been to in years and years! By golly - it has grown so much! And all the flowers that kept jumping out at me! If I had my way, my house would look like a florist's store right about now! I did allow myself a dainty little bunch of white peonies though :)

I also purchased two lovely tops. One is a dusty pale pink vest that flows out at the bottom and the other being a quaint little white jacket with lovely floral detail around the edges. If I had a camera that loved me as much as I loved it, I would take some pictures, but in the mean time these will have to do:



Detail:



After exploring the market and nearly dying in the hot summer sun, we headed off to the pub for refreshments. Nothing like a delicious vodka sunrise to rejuvinate you on a hot day! hehehe I must learn to like lemon, lime and bitters because apparently this pub had the best my mother has ever tasted. You should have seen my gran skull hers down! hahaha

Following that we wandered about the local shops. There were so many beautiful (and expensive) things that are going on my Christmas Wishlist! It was a lovely antique shop that was filled with all sorts of treasures that stole my heart today. They even had Pride & Prejudice dresses!! And I loved the octogon shaped teapot that had King Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn, Jane Seymour and Katherine of Aragon etc on each of the sides. There was another with Queen Elizabeth, but I found the Henry one much more exciting. I'm kicking myself for not buying it now. What fun it was!

What I did walk out of that shop with though was a lovely pendant with a little painting of two lovers sharing a moment together. It's gorgeous! It's not exactly antique, but I love the style and everything about it. My new favourite necklace! The picture is so tiny that this crummy camera of mine will never do it justice, but I love this necklace so much I must show it off!



Evil camera. A proper camera is on my Christmas Wishlist, never fear!


After that we finally went home, rested, did some study, drank champagne and had a salad dinner.

I do love my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...