Monday, September 12, 2011

Healesville Sanctuary


Whatcha looking at? Huh, punk?


Last week I spent a day at Healesville Sanctuary. I hadn't been there in years and years. It really is a fantastic zoo. If you're ever around the Healesville area, it's worth checking out. I thought I'd share some pictures for overseas readers and locals, coz come on, our native Australian animals are pretty cute :)


The forever favourite kangaroo. It's a fantastic enclosure that you can walk through, and then a trampoline type thing to practice your own bouncing technique!


A pair of gang-gang cockatoos snuggling up to each other. So cute!


Pelicans. If you get a chance to see them at feeding time, it's a great thing to see.


The lands of Healesville Sanctuary are absolutely beautiful, surrounded by trees over hundreds of years old. This tree is over 150 years old.


Just before I was about to leave, I noticed these birds flitting about. One blue wren on the inside, one on the outside. It was gorgeous to watch, as the two tried to kiss between the bars.


A wonderful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...