Saturday, January 23, 2010

Meandering

Today has been a much needed restful day. The upcoming week is looking busy and bustling, and while that excites me, I do take delight in relaxing right now.

Besides cleaning out my wardrobe and scrubbing walls with sugar soap (marvelous stuff!), I've also been snooping about on the internet. I've become obsessed with having a peek at other people's blogs. I'll be adding a few more to my list tonight I think :)


The Happy Home Blog
An article in the Australia Home Beautiful magazine lead me to this lovely blog and home. The blog is filled with lovely crafty ideas to up-do your own home and is a great source of inspiration! I personally fail at working in neutrals - I'm a colourful girl in a colourful world, after all - but they always look forever elegant and glamourous :)

On Dressing Up
This blog is filled with beautiful pictures and lovely clothes- what more do you need? :)

All Cats are Grey at Night
More lovely dresses and gorgeous clothes I long to add to my wardrobe :)



If you have plenty of time on your hands and adore period film costumes, then you might like to check out this website: Recycled Movie Costumes. True, there are costumes from more modern films as well, but they aren't as fascinating and stunning as the Tudor, Elizabethan, Georgian or Regency costumes. I love trying to guess which show I recognise the costumes from beforehand :)

Plus, it can help you find movies that are similar to others you love. I'm now on the hunt for DuBarry was a Lady (1943) after stumbling across this image in their gallery:

Divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...