Sunday, January 24, 2010

Decadent Demarquette


One of my friends was lucky enough to travel to London over Christmas. Not only did the good little boy take hundreds of photos of the castles, palaces and other glorious buildings for me, but he also trapsed through the cold and the snow to fetch me these lovely chocolate gifts! Truly spoilt!



Apparently these handmade chocolates are from a famous and internationally awarded chocolatier. Each chocolate is a different flavour; and when I say different, I mean different.
Thai Lemongrass, anyone? Perhaps some Brazilian Pink Pepper? Earl Grey chocolate more your style? Or would you prefer the Highland Malt?

My first choice was the coconut, banana and rum mix. Completely unexpected but completely delicious at the same time! The orange flavoured one disappeared soon after :)

My friend tragically explained to me that because these chocolates are handmade, they have a very short life span. Which means I have to eat all these by the 25 January - tomorrow!! I can't possibly demolish all these babies by then! They are far too lavish for my tummy, especially with the range of exotic flavours that I want to saviour.





Another box of chocolates was presented. This one is a set of caramels, again with interesting flavours. I think 'Cornish Sea Salt' (the blue ones) has to win as the most odd flavour there. The Kentish Pear was delightful- a surprise as I usually don't like pears. I can't wait to get to the Yorkshire Rhubarb and Scottish Raspberry :D



And as if that wasn't already enough, there's more! The bottom row there is a collection of King Henry VIII mint chocolates, with each chocolate wrapped in a portrait of Henry and each of his six wives! Absolutely charming! Again, they'll be impossible to eat because they look so gorgeous as is.

The larger portrait is an Anne Boleyn 'oakmoss' scented soap- exactly what every girl needs! :) That one came from the tourist shop at The Tower. I've been trying to open the box without ruining to see whether Anne's lovely face is printed on the soap bar, but no luck yet.

I'm very happy and very spoilt! I can't wait to go through all the photos :D

Thank you so very very much to my darling friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...